Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

What I love about skydiving!

  • Waiting around the DZ, talking to the long time jumpers, hearing awesome (sometimes hectic) stories, waiting for the clouds to lift, or the wind to die down.
  • The amazing and interesting people, very different in personality, but all allot of fun!
  • Beer fines! Whether they're mine, or someone else's - Free beer, my beer, I just love beer after a great day of skydiving!
  • The smell of Jet Fuel as it's being forced out the exhaust of our amazing turbine Angel!
  • The 2 minute warning and all the thumb's up in the plane.
  • The "Open Door" instruction and the way my heart always skips a beat when I realize it's jump time!
  • Telling tandem passengers that they have the faulty harness on and seeing the expression on their face :-) (I only do this if they don't look very nervous)
  • Climbing out onto the camera step and waiting for my jump partner to get into position and give the count!
  • The 50 odd seconds where nothing else in the world matters, only focusing on the jump.
  • The satisfaction I feel when I successfully complete a new level in training, or complete my goal for that particular jump.
  • I just Love Skydiving, and I can ramble on about that all day, in fact - I do, my friends always want to know if I have anything OTHER than skydiving to talk about...haha, sorry mates - I actually don't!

3 comments:

  1. All of this is great insight to the lifestyle of skydiving! Something i can see you so passionate about!! Well done bud!
    And yes is there nothing else to talk about..hehe ;)
    I would love to hear more about the scenery and what you can see from the view up there??
    Also when are you gonna do some destination jumps in other places?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point there Kate... I agree.
    Hey man, why not talk about the situation in Pakistan at the moment and/or how the sex slaves in Russia are being treated - lol.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kate, I will definately get there, I've got like 30 jumps to catch up on :-)

    I'm hoping to do some jumps at other DZ'z once I get my own rig, probably only next year sometime, but it is most definately on my to do list!

    @ Shane, the situation in Pakistan is currently stable, the UN have managed to finally restore order in the capital and the general puplic seem relieved. Unfortunately I am unable to comment on the Russian sex slaves, but as with any slaves, I would imagine they are treated like S#17. Unfortunately this has been an on-going problem and there is no end in sight.

    ReplyDelete