Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

AFF - Level 7

AFF Level 7 was the next AWESOME one for me, mainly because it was the first jump I did without any instructors :-) I obviously still had objectives that I needed to complete, but shew - so much fun!

Doing a "Tail-facing" front loop off of the wheel strut of a 206 is fun and effortless, no worrying about if you have a good exit and are able to get flat and stable quickly to come in for a dock. In fact - the objective of this jump was to become UNSTABLE and recover, then become unstable again, and recover (again)

Side note: I still love just becoming as unstable as possible and recovering with as little effort as possible, I like to think it prepares me for being able to recover quickly after a bad exit, or a failed dock, but actually, I just really enjoy it!

Level 7 will always be memorable to me as it was the first jump that was completely conscious of what was going on around me, after being prodded and reminded of my lazy legs (29 jumps later and they're still lazy!) as well as just burning altitude completing the required steps to pass the level, it was awesome to have nothing else on my mind besides the jump and the tasks at hand!

Being aware of everything around you is important in skydiving, accidents mainly happen when people are stupid or not paying attention to the other jumpers in the air. This jump was the first one that I knew everything that was going on around me - Where the tandems were in relation to me, where the other jumpers were in the sky and which way everyone would be tracking. It's quite a hard feeling to describe, but basically, I felt like my blinkers had been taken off and I just enjoyed the jump all that more!

Blue Skies everyone - and safe jumping!

1 comment:

  1. Dang it Lance! This all just makes ME want to jump too....

    ReplyDelete